Have questions about essential oils or want to get started using them?
You came to the right place!!
What are Essential Oils?
An essential oil is a concentrated liquid containing volatile aroma compounds from plants. Primarily extracted through careful steam distillation but also through cold pressing, the purest essential oils are far more powerful than the botanicals from which they were extracted. Essential oils have also been used for thousands of years for cosmetic purposes, as well as for their spiritually and emotionally uplifting properties.
How do you use Essential Oils?
There are 3 ways you can use the oils;
Aromatically– Essential oils can be inhaled from the bottle or diffused in the air with a diffuser. (When you purchase the Premium Starter kit you get a diffuser.) They can also be dropped on a cotton ball or wet cloth and inhaled. A good tip for the car is to take a cotton ball and a clothes pin, put a few drops of oil on the cotton ball and pin it to a car vent. It makes for a fresh car all day.
Topically– Essential oils can be applied topically to the skin. Some oils require dilution with a carrier oil before rubbing them on the skin, such as coconut oil (my favorite), olive oil, or Young Living’s V-6 blend. You can apply some oils “neat”, which means without diluting, but you do want to dilute for children. The rule of thumb for dilution is one drop of essential oil to about 5 drops of carrier oil. Some oils are considered “hot”, which mean when applied to the skin neat they can be very warming almost burning. Side note: one day (when I was just starting out with oils) my husband had some allergies. I told him to use some peppermint and sniff it to clear his airway. He decided to take a drop and rub it right under his nose and a bit inside his nose…..big mistake. LOL! His nose burned for a few hours. We tried to rinse with water (also a big mistake) but it made it worse. Lesson of the story, If you ever apply a hot oil to the skin, NEVER try to dilute with water. Always use some kind of carrier oil to try and dilute to get the burn to go away. Some hot oils are; clove, cinnamon, peppermint, oregano, Thieves, Thyme, lemongrass, etc.
Internally– Because Young Living essential oils are medicinal grade, many of them can be used internally or taken orally as a dietary supplement. ALWAYS read the bottle to see if a specific oil is safe for internal use. NEVER use a lesser-quality brand of oil internally (the bottle of another brand usually says “Not for internal use!”) You can ingest the oils in water using a GLASS jar or cup. Never put the oils in plastic as they can eat their way through the plastic or melt it. You can cook with oils as well; keep in mind though, the oils are very concentrated. Always test by the drop and then taste. Start with only one drop. The last way I ingest the oils is with a clear vegetable capsule. They are gluten free, preservative free and biodegradable. I get mine straight from Young Living, but you can get them on Amazon or Whole Foods. I use the “00” size. I place my oil inside and fill the rest with coconut oil. You can also make some ahead of time and place them in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Can you use any kind of Essential Oils?
For me the answer is no! When choosing what essential oil company I wanted to go with I did a lot of research and what I came up with is Young Living is the only essential oil company that I feel are safe to ingest. Always be cautious when ingesting and if the bottle says not to, don’t!!
Learn more about why Young Living stands out from all other essential oils companies with their Seed to Seal Promise.
Young Living Essential Oils
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit is the best introduction to essential oils and you get a very good deal too! No other essential oils company offers such a great-value and range of products to get you started on your oily journey.
BONUS: As a thank you gift, I send all new members that sign up with me, some amazing reference materials and DIY goodies to help you get started on your oily journey. 🙂
If you want to get started on your oily journey, follow the instructions below!
1. Click on the “ORDER YOUR KIT NOW“ above to be taken to the sign up page.
2. Make sure the MEMBER box is selected and then press “next” at the bottom of the page. The “Enroller ID” and “Sponsor ID” boxes should already be auto-populated for you. (If for some reason it is not, enter 2225923 in both boxes) So that I can send you your Bonuses!
Once you’ve purchased the kit, you automatically become a wholesale member – which entitles you to 24% off all future purchases from Young Living!
3. Fill out your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact information. (You’ll be asked for your social security number in case you want to become a distributor of Young Living products in future. This information will never be shared with anyone.) If you do not feel comfortable putting in your social security number (this is only for tax purposes if you decide to turn this into a business) then you can get an EIN from the IRS in just a few seconds and use that number instead (the IRS just needs to be able to connect some number with you for tax purposes).
4. Create your password and PIN – which you’ll use to log in to your account and order any future oils.
5. Select your order: the “Premium”, “Basic “Plus” or “Basic” Starter Kit. I highly recommend the Premium: it’s what I chose when I signed up, it comes with everything you need to get started, and it’s the best value of the three.
With the Premium Starter Kit, you also get to choose your diffuser, which is super cool!
6. Set up your *optional* Essential Rewards Program. Now don’t be confused by this next step. Buying one of the ER kits is not a requirement to sign up as a Wholesale Member! This is a rewards program you can opt into to start earning money back to help pay for your oils. At this point, you can skip this step by selecting “No, thank you. I plan on enrolling in the Essential Rewards Program later”. If one of the ER kits looks valuable to you then by all means get one in addition to your starter kit. You do not have to pick one of these kits to get started on Essential Rewards. You can go in and set up ER at any time and hand pick the items you want each month. You can pick and choose any single oils, blends, supplements, health and beauty products, etc.
7. Agree to Terms & Conditions.
8. CONFIRM YOUR ORDER. Many people miss this step and end up not fully checking out. We wouldn’t want that to happen because then you would not get your oils!
That’s it! Easy huh?
Welcome to the amazingly healthy, addictive world of essential oils!