So every year i like to make a whole bunch of sweet treats to give out as gifts and to have around the house when guest come over….
So this week I decided to share my homemade toffee with you guys. It is crunchy and sweet and just plain heaven.
Make sure to print the recipe and look for the YouTube video below to follow along if you haven’t already!!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me!!
- 2 Cups sugar
- 2 Cups (4 sticks) salted butter
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups chocolate chips
- 1 Cup nuts
- Over medium high heat, place the butter and sugar into a pan and stir constantly, we want the mixture to reach 285 degrees Fahrenheit, it takes about 15 minutes. There will be 3 stages; it will bubble, then will become really foamy, and will eventually become a rich brown color.
- Once it reaches 285, Pour the toffee onto a greased cookie sheet and spread evenly with a nonstick spatula.
- Cover it with chocolate chips and let the toffee melt the chocolate for about 2-3 minutes, then spread the chocolate over the toffee into a smooth layer.
- While the chocolate is still wet, top it with nut pieces if you like.
- Let it cool on a cooling rack, at room temperature for 1-2 hours, the chocolate will become matte.
- Twist the cookie sheet to loosen and break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
If you do make this, don’t forget to share a pic on one of my social media pages and use #randumbcooking. Also if you liked the recipe don’t forget to rate it 5 stars below.
Hope you enjoy!!